Monday, July 27, 2009

The Invitation

One of my closest girlfriends Gloria went through the Temple and took out her own endownments in the Sacramento Temple! She worked extremely hard over the past year+ to prepare herself mentally, emotionally and spiritually! Whilst, I missed out on the blessing of going through with her and our friends and family - it was a very special moment and day for her and all of us who have seen her grow into who she is today! Gloria has given her all to everyone around her for most of her life and now she gets to give this wonderful gift back to herself!


On Sunday morning in Sacrament meeting a bright Young Women gave a talk on being a Pure Vessel in Christ. She shared her journey to discovering that the key to purifying or cleansing our vessels is Jesus Christ himself. Witnessing her testimony of the things she had just learne and gained a testimony of brought on not only tears, but a renewed hope to purify my own vessel.

Karen Schram then sang a song which lead into the chorus which went "Come unto Me, Come unto Christ..." and for some reason THAT INVITATION to COME UNTO CHRIST felt very personal and direct! There are a few very significant times in my life when I have felt the Lords encircling arms around me bear witness that he is REAL and THERE for me! I was humbled to recognize the enternal and undying love of my Savior, Jesus Christ. My Joy is Full! Today is my chance to make right the wrongs in my life! And for that gift of the Atonement I am truly grateful. Today is my opportunity to be more like him.
LIFE is great! ~ Today is GREAT!



& HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Sister In-law Vise!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Alisi told me last night how much she liked this post. Man I need to change my page..lol, too bad it takes too much. I ditto Alisi's comment, keep on keeping on.