Friday, October 24, 2008

Inspired...

It has been another busy yet eventful week...
Our TOFA Education Tutoring & Mentoring Project has kept me on my toes this week. Helen and I start our grant writing adventures tonight - that should be interesting. Thankful to our mentor from Stanford University who has been a tremendous asset to this project. We made light on some inside connections on both the Wells Fargo Grant and also with Pacific Rim. Members who sit on both boards were present at our Montly TOFA Board meeting this week who were a wealth of information and assistance to us.

Personally my Weight Watchers was another highlight for this week. I was able to stick to my points as well as maintain my Kick Boxing and Ab work outs every morning this week. Tomorrow morning I will be watching Tom's kids in Cameron Park while continuing my grant writing on the computer and hopefully will be able to squeeze in some outdoor activities with the girls before dark.



Last night I watched Oprah - my favorite show! I discovered another inspiration in Gurbaksh Chahal who at a young age discovered and worked hard to make his dream life come true not only for him but his family. A fellow Nor-Cal resident and immigrant from India as a young child. 2 things that inspired me even more as I have always believed my family was brought here to discover and take hold of untold opportunities to make our dream lives whatever that includes.




And then today my lil sister and cousin Vanessa sent some of her wedding pictures. Still not happy with myself that I didn't make it down last month - but she knows I love her dearly! My mini me!

Today is my brother Alfred's birthday. Big Family dinner yay! Before I hit the books and computer with grant writing with Helen - most likely pulling an all nighter.

No comments: